Sunday, June 28, 2009

Soothed

I'm feeling back to normal. I feel rested, well fed, tired for the right reasons. Yesterday I took it easy and updated my tan poolside. Today I cleaned house while listening to Greg Brown which is a great combination. I also made some blueberry bran muffins and homemade pizza. I caught up laundry and cleaned my bathroom. The canary has a clean cage. Changed sheets and vacuumed the upstairs. My nails have been trimmed and polished. I'm ready to start the week!

My four-day work week! Woo hoo for Friday off! Plus we'll see g-kids this weekend and we're crazy excited about that. The weather finally cooled off and we had a low-humidity day here in the mid 80's which is about 100% better than it's been the past week.

I found a swimming suit yesterday and bought it. My rule: if it fits well and looks good buy it because that's just doesn't happen every day. I will not reveal what I paid because it is ridiculous, but my justification is that I need more than one swimsuit when we go on our trip.

R found a swimsuit too. Took him 10 minutes and he had three choices. We went with the cheapest. Sometimes it would be good to be a man.

We went to an open house today for a house in an area we're interested in. We could hear the interstate when in the back yard which didn't do much for either of us. The layout of the house was good but there were too many expensive updates that it needed. R was disappointed at first but realized later on as he was pulling weeds in our front yard that the interstate noise would bother him. It wasn't hugely loud but it was loud enough.

There were no hardwood floors except in the kitchen and I think that would bother me. It can be changed but it's expensive. The carpeting throughout was filthy and worn. The bathrooms were dated and looked like they had water issues.

Okay, we should just stop looking at houses. I told R tonight if he wanted to continue to look he had to take care of some things around here that need fixing before we can put ours on the market. That should put a stop to things.

Should be a great week! Four days! Woo hoo!

No comments: