Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dreaming

I've had a cruddy week health-wise, but I had a cool dream while I was trying to recover. I awoke Monday with a headache which turned into a migraine that my migraine medicine didn't knock out. I also was nauseated and had some weird indigestion pain that I couldn't figure out. I still felt crappy on Tuesday morning so I stayed home and tried to rest and recover. I didn't get rid of the headache, but when I napped I had a cool dream.

I dreamt I was at work, but the building was more like an old fashioned, ornate bank than like the business office in a university. I was either in charge or acting in charge when an old man approached one of our cashier windows. I saw him draw a gun from his pocket and I went over to him.

"Excuse me," I said, "we don't allow guns in this building."

"I'm just holding it," he said.

"That may be but we have a 'No Weapons' sign on the front door. Didn't you see it?"

He just stood there grinning, holding the gun. I told him again he would have to leave and he headed towards the door. He stopped at the main door and when I told him he would need to step outside with the gun he wouldn't go. I spotted a security guard who came over and made him leave.

Then I woke up.

I know there weren't a lot of details in that dream, but I thought it was cool how I just went up to the guy holding a gun and made him leave. I am one bad-ass accountant.

So today was the first migraine-free day so far this week, but the indigestion remained. Last night I had to sleep in the guest room with several pillows under my head to be comfortable. It helped, but what the heck is that about? I don't get indigestion, and now I can't get rid of it. I popped Tums and ate crackers all day. I hope it's better tomorrow.

Okay, time for bed. Cross your fingers.

No comments: