I took a non-blooming African violet to work a couple of months ago and put it in my window. It is now LOADED with blooms, drawing oohs and aahs from everyone that sees it. Apparently, I had stifled its will to bloom by keeping it in my kitchen window which faces east but is shaded by the house next door. I figured it would just be happy with the effort, but apparently not. Now it has exploded, releasing all of its pent-up blooming ability.
I feel a little bad that it spent so many years wanting to bloom, probably wanting water, and certainly wishing for a little fertilizer....
No word yet on the other position. I'm pretty sure they're conducting interviews all week and perhaps into next week. My office there would have NO windows and actually very little natural light even coming through the door, so that would be tough to give up. I believe my African violet would run away before making that move.
I'm fasting tonight (hope I don't forget) so I can have blood work done tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment coming up in about 10 days. Hope my numbers are good. I had a margarita, chips and salsa and cheese dip last night. Can that throw off your cholesterol or is it more of an cumulative thing? We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment