Thursday, February 3, 2011

Depleted

I'm worn to the bone.  It's crazy, but it is absolutely exhausting to be "on" for 3 hours, interviewing, trying not to sound stupid, and all while looking my best.  I wore my gray suit (and looked pretty fab) and although I started out a little nervous (typical for me) I settled in and think it went okay.  I found out they have a pretty good pool of applicants so it's not a slam dunk for me.  I think I'm cool with that, because I still like my job.  Can't say I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'd get over it.  I really think I'm one of those people who believes what happens will happen and if it should it will.  I might not be quite that comfortable with fate, but I like to think I am.  Eventually.

I slept horribly last night, fussing and thinking way too much.  Finally realized I was actually aching and couldn't get comfortable so I woke up R who got me a couple of Advil.  I know that is RIDICULOUS that I woke him up, but I've always been something of an idiot in the middle of the night, and he is remarkably generous at that time.  Works out well for me, right?

After two snow days and a half day's interview I was finally back at my desk this afternoon trying to play catch up.  I managed to slog through it and am in pretty good shape.  That will help me sleep better I think.

I was so busy that I didn't come home for lunch but instead got a candy bar, a bag of chips, and a bottle of water out of the vending machine at work and ate in the break room for 20 minutes.  That caused me to be ravenous for supper which consisted of a McSalad and small fries that R picked up for me.  Not my best nutrition day but the body wants what it wants, right?  Top it off with some white zin and dark chocolate M&M's and call it a day. 

Our older cat is making me feel sad.  When Little Mary died, I told R he needed to be sure Sweet Pea saw her and could smell her so she would know she died (Sweet Pea had been outside).  I read once that's important.  R didn't hear me and he took care of the body without making sure Sweet Pea smelled her.  Now Sweet Pea seems a bit disoriented and concerned about where Marigold is.  She spends a lot of her time crying out (she always was a loud cat), mewling loudly.  Imagine a kitten, missing her mother (or someone important), carrying on in an adult cat voice.  I'm not sure what to do for her.

I'm going to bed early tonight for sure.  I have one more interview tomorrow with a mucky muck who ended up with a meeting with muckier mucks today at the time we were supposed to meet, and then I'm done.  Biggest challenge?  Looking good two days in a row. 

No comments: