I'm not sure I've ever understood the true definition of blizzard. Every time we'd have a lot of snow in a little while I figured it was a blizzard. The forecasters are calling our conditions a blizzard, a term rarely used here, and now I know why.
I had a snow day from work today and except for a morning dental appointment I stayed home. It was awesome and I stayed busy with a free day. I put off letting the pugs outside because I needed to shovel a place for them to do their business (my pugs don't like snow) but finally it became apparent they couldn't wait until R got home. I shoveled a path on the deck and cleared a space on the patio, then herded the blind pug out there. Before I could herd him back inside, the path was drifting over.
Then I got worried about R making it up our driveway, so I went out to shovel it before he got home. Holy crap! It was cold and blowing and a constant battle against the wind. I kept thinking this must be why people perish in the snow and I was glad I was only 20 feet from my front door. I still managed to get most of the driveway shoveled before he pulled up. I immediately went in the house because I was frozen. When I got my wet gloves and boots off, I found out my nose had been running and I didn't even know it. Gross.
Still, it was a good day. I found some cooked chicken and chicken stock in the freezer and had just enough semolina flour left to make a half batch of noodles so I pulled together a terrific pot of chicken noodle soup for supper. It could not have been more a more perfect meal on a ridiculously cold, blustery day. We also had some good bread to toast with it. Yum!
That's it. Maybe I'll have another snow day tomorrow which would be insane. I didn't catch up my bookwork today so I could do that and maybe some baking. Don't want to count my chickens though, so we'll see....
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I get it now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment