I saw the nurse practitioner today about my shoulder, neck and arm. I've been in varying degrees of pain for the last 10 days or so, and finally decided I needed medical intervention. I almost called off the appointment earlier today when it wasn't hurting too bad, but now it's aching like a sonofagun so I'm glad I went.
I have a prescription for a muscle relaxant, and a pain med. I'm also supposed to take Aleve. I took my first dose about 15 minutes ago, so I hope I can continue to type coherently. Anyway, she did some range of motion tests on my shoulder and told me I was really tight. That made me feel better because I thought maybe I was being a big baby.
She also showed me some stretching exercises. I positively HATE stretching, but the ones she showed me are easy and not even that weird looking so I can do them throughout the day. Wow. My arm is already feeling better. God bless muscle relaxants.
The NP was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable. Oh, and get this. They told me I was down about three pounds from my last visit! I couldn't figure that out because I haven't really lost any weight but then I realized it was cold when I was there last so my clothes were heavier. I'm in a light top and capri pants today.
The nurse who took my pulse and blood pressure also told me it was low. She asked me if that was normal for me and I told her it was. I guess that's good.
Okay, I'm watching Caddyshack now which is just so lazy. Flipping Out is on later and I'm just hooked on it. I can do without the Real Housewives (because nothing is real and they're not housewives) but I gotta watch Flipping Out. And Hoarders. And Toddlers and Tiaras.
It's super sad, isn't it?
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Doped
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rob Jones in Lawrence is an active release chiropractor that does amazing work. He's not the crack your neck type, he releases tight muscles through manipulation and massage.
Post a Comment