Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weird dream

I thought I'd better get this down on virtual paper before I forget too much of it.  It is that weird...

I dreamed that I was going someplace to get some Amish cookies I heard about.  My car was pointed the wrong way so I had to drive in reverse to get there.  It was about a mile.  That was hard but I managed to do it.

I pulled up to the place, and went into the basement of what at first seemed like one of the local hospitals.  There was an Amish lady standing there but I was distracted by other things in a series of rooms and got to looking at them.  One thing I remember is a large room next to the one I was in that was full of old people sitting at tables.  It was like a cafeteria for old people.  Then I shook off my distraction and saw the Amish lady and several little wrapped packages.  The packages were pink butcher paper wrapped around a couple of fairly large cookies.  It was hard to tell what kind of cookies they were because of the wrapping.  She asked me what kind of cookie I wanted but it was hard to understand her because at that moment we were surrounded by several small children that I assumed were hers.  She was kind of gruff and rough around the edges for an Amish woman, and I hesitated in asking her to repeat herself.  I finally said "chocolate chip" hoping that would be one of the choices.  I was hoping I had enough money to pay for the cookies because I only had about $4 and some change.

Then she showed me the Korean babies.  There were probably half a dozen Korean babies in the room, and she showed me the one she thought I should have.  It was the largest one, but it was still an infant, a boy only a month or two old.  I picked him up and thought I could take the Korean baby too, but I wasn't sure what she was charging for him (or IF she was charging for him).  I expected he would be about $50 and I didn't have that with me.  I became a little concerned about what I should do.


The kids were swarming around me and the baby and I was trying to get out my money to at least pay for the cookies.  Somehow their little dolls were mixed up with my dollar bills and coins and the process just got harder.  I was holding the Korean baby, juggling my purse and money and the kids were swarming around me.  The basement had become the Amish woman's living room, and her Amish husband walked through.  Around that time my own husband came and helped me get things together to pay for the cookies.  I think we were taking the Korean baby on a trial basis.  I grabbed all of my things which now included a diaper bag, my purse, the Korean baby, a blanket, the cookies, and a couple of toys and we prepared to leave.  We left the living room that was in an apartment building, and we had to get on an elevator to get to the parking garage where our car was.


Somehow I became surrounded by my family.  We were all trying to get on the elevator together, but the elevator was small, not much bigger than a shower.  It also wasn't very safe and you had to pull a cord, kind of like a drapery cord, to get it to stop.  I almost fell down the shaft.  When it finally did stop, everyone got on the elevator but me and the baby and all of my stuff.  I kept trying to catch the next elevator but people from the apartment building kept getting on ahead of me.  They all knew what they were doing and clearly I didn't.  I started to cry because no one was letting me go and my family was waiting and my hands were full.  Someone told me I could walk down a level and the elevator there was easier to catch.  I went there and it didn't have as many people but it was a super tiny elevator, about the size of a single stall shower.  It even had a white curtain.


I finally got on that elevator and was ready to go when I remembered I didn't know where anyone was.  I didn't know if they were waiting by the car.  I had no idea what level the car was on.  I wondered if they could be outside.  I was panicking a little when all of a sudden......the alarm went off.


That was NOT a peaceful, relaxing dream.  And I have nothing against Korean babies, but I don't want one.

No comments: