Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Working stiff

I have had progressively worsening back and neck pain this week to the point where today I couldn't turn my head.  I have no idea why.  Am I holding tension in my neck?  Do I have a cold in my neck?  Is that even possible?

Pain makes me even more stupid and forgetful.  I'm so busy trying not to hurt myself I can't concentrate and I hate that.  I had to work with a couple of departments today on some cash handling and reporting and I'm not sure what I told them.  I hope it made sense.

A friend is sending her oldest son to the university where I work, and she called tonight with questions on how things work on the financial side.  We went over a lot tonight, but I didn't give her any details because I didn't have information in front of me on whether or not she was authorized to have his information.  I hope it made sense to her, but she's a little high strung anyway and this is really stressing her out.  It's easy for me to see that it will be fine, but it's hard for her because it's all an unknown.  I must say, in comparison I am one laid back dudette.

I heard a line last week that I am tucking away to use at the appropriate moment:  "Don't let the Man harsh your mellow."  I know it's very Pauly Shore in "Encino Man" but it strikes a chord with me.  It has nothing to do with this post, but I needed to get it written down before I forget it.  Now it's cyber-filed.  Diggy.

I've typed long enough and don't want to hurt my neck any more than I already have.  If I actually was mellow, it would be harshed a little right now.  Thank goodness I'm not.

No comments: