I think my attitude the past couple of days has reactivated issues with my shoulder. Probably that over-sized chip I had on it. I'm feeling better today (mentally) but my left shoulder should probably be in a sling and I can barely turn my head. Serves me right.
A few years back I had such intense and unrelenting upper back and shoulder pain that I saw my doctor about it. She prescribed physical therapy which I did for about six weeks. It helped enormously. The PT gave me a list of exercises to do which I have taped to the inside of my bathroom mirror. I only refer to them when my shoulder starts to act up, and usually a little heat and my exercises take care of things. I've had a Bed Buddy on my shoulder and neck the past two nights and I slept with Ben (Gay) last night. Woke up feeling pretty good, but as soon as I got in my car to drive to work it was back.
That does it. I either need a chauffeur or I need to quit work.
I sure had a nice Christmas. Got to see all of the kids, g-kids, and in-laws. We're getting to be quite a brood. My son and his wife have one on the way, due next summer. Still hard for me to believe that I have grandchildren in the plural sense!
R gave me a beautiful watch for Christmas. I love it, but in the interest of full disclosure, I picked it out. Watches, billfolds, and purses are three things that I prefer to choose myself. I think I have certain expectations for each of those items, certain functional requirements, and certain aesthetic demands. My watch fulfills all three. I love it!
And just so you know I don't have the most expensive taste, it was under $100. It's not a dang Rolex or anything like that. I did look at one with diamonds around the bezel, but decided it was too foo foo for me. I don't do foo foo.
I took a hot bath tonight to help with my shoulder pain. We went to Target and I got some bath oil (it's so dry with the heat running all of the time) and a package of Burt's Bees items. I used Neutrogena sesame oil in the tub water, pumiced my feet, and put on foot cream, body lotion, and hand cream all courtesy of my new Burt's Bees stuff. They had a lot of the gift packs marked down for after Christmas, so I got it for about half price. Woo hoo!
It's supposed to snow (again!) tomorrow so it will probably force me to get down to business with R's books. I need to because we're getting to the end of the month and I haven't done a thing except pay bills.
Okay, that's enough. I don't want blogging to cause more problems with my shoulder. That would be tragic.
P.S. The spell checker in this program didn't like the "hoo" in "woo hoo" but it didn't mind "foo foo. That's interesting! I wonder if it minds poo poo. Yep, looks like it does.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Chip on my shoulder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment