I rarely make good decisions that involve timing. Usually I wait too long to do something and encounter more obstacles than I would have earlier, or I jump the gun and do something that could more easily have waited. Today I made a good decision to get up early, run my tiny little mile, and then clean up to join a couple of girlfriends for breakfast.
The reason it was a good decision is that by the time we wrapped up our klatch, it was snowing heavily, blizzard really, making any attempt at running the rest of the weekend impossible. I really didn't want to get out of bed early, but needing to pee anyway pretty much talked me into it. So I guess maybe it's my bladder that made a good decision or has good timing. Hmm.
I got a good start on stuff yesterday, and made another good decision that I probably can't take credit for. I went to the office Christmas luncheon and then came home and started wrapping. Man oh man I hate wrapping. It hurts my back, it's stupid, and I never have the right sized box or bag or scrap of paper, or whatever. But I knew I'd better get started because I have a lot to do and time is getting short. So I forced myself. I got stuff wrapped for maybe three people before R got home (inexplicably, I wrap EVERYTHING under the tree and in stockings which is stupid for someone who hates to wrap) and felt pretty good, but later in the evening he and I went upstairs and got another three people finished. He found boxes, I wrapped, and he attached bows and tags. That leaves only three more people and a few odds and ends. Oh and birthday presents for my son whose birthday is tomorrow. Still, I'm not stressed about it now because I'm about two-thirds finished.
Don't know much else. I've got to pee again, so maybe my bladder is telling me to shut up. Mustn't argue with an insistent bladder.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Good timing for once
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment