Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hormones are over.....for now

Okay, my hormonal rant is over for a while. I could feel the tension subsiding yesterday afternoon, and today it just feels stupid to get mad over stupid things. It's a good thing I'm not president because I'd just blow up a country or something.

A couple of my friends have some real problems and situations on their hands, and I feel even more stupid for ranting. Perspective! I think I need a prescription for perspective glasses that I could put on whenever I get like that.

Deep breath........perspective........ohhhhmmmm......

Today I left work early and drove to a hair salon, walked in and got my hair cut. I didn't have an appointment but the stylist was young and cute and fit me into her schedule. It's not my usual place, but I have been reluctant to go back there because I often (about every other time) don't like the cuts she gives me. I've been cutting my own hair since my last professional haircut in July. I imagine it was looking pretty ratty in back but the stylist today was very nice about not harping on it. And it's not like the back is an easy style to cut myself -- it's tapered and short at the nape.

Today's cut is a good one, maybe a tiny bit shorter than I wanted, but I haven't styled it myself yet so I can't be sure. The shape is really nice.

Funny thing...I walked into the salon and another lady was getting her hair cut in the next chair. When I walked by, she remarked to her stylist, "What pretty hair!" and I think she was talking about me. And that was before I even had it cut. Of course she could have been talking about her own hair which was nearly finished, or maybe my stylists' hair, but I don't think so. That's an odd thing to say to someone about your own hair and my stylist had been sitting next to them before I came in so it's not like she saw her for the first time. We'll take it.

I'm down to my last bit of Christmas shopping. I have almost nothing for R yet. He's really hard because he doesn't want, need or covet anything. And that's the honest truth. Basically, I look for things that I want him to have. Like when I wanted him to have the pasta roller attachment for my KitchenAid mixer for his birthday.

Man that makes me sound like a bad person. I'm not that bad, he's just hard to buy for.

No comments: