Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Day!

I got the phone call this morning that every adult wants to get -- our office is "closed" due to the ice storm! I use the word "closed" in quotes because the boss and his secretary will still go in, and I can go in at my own discretion, but my own stupid sense of responsibility will not allow me to sit around and enjoy a freebie day. Why oh why do I have to be so supremely adult?

Oh well, it's still a partial freebie day. I told the BB (big boss) I'd probably come in late and work the day's mail, then leave early. Our weather is threatening to turn worse as the day progresses, so I don't think I'll be hanging around there until 5:00. We had freezing rain all night long and the trees are beautifully coated right now, but parts of the city are without power, I saw a branch go down across the back fence, and it's supposed to continue with the freezing rain. In fact, my power is blipping a little right now so this may or may not make it to the annals of blogdom.

For the record, the BB and his secretary live blocks from the office. They could actually walk to work quicker than I can drive it on a clear, sunny day. I live 4.5 miles from work which is a short commute I know, but a lot of it is residential where the roads are not treated or cleared in bad weather.

Still, an ice day is cool, however tempered it is by responsibility. Now if he had told me he was not going in and no one else should go in either, THAT would be an ice day!

No comments: