Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long day

I had a long day at work today. We moved into our temporary space and there were lots of decisions, trips and stresses involved. My organizing nature could not help but take over when the need arose. My boss who is not a detail man was generous in allowing me to step in and make snap decisions as needed. I say he was generous but there is a good dose of his not wanting to do it too.

My no-nonsense nature also reared its ugly head. I'm sure I appeared bossy when I was just trying to get things done. I'm not a ditherer and have little patience for people who are.

That's right. I pissed people off just when I'm moving into a single room to share workspace with them. That is so me.

I'm looking at a busy week and weekend. I have to work at the old job Saturday morning with the latest replacement. Please let her be intelligent and catch on quickly. I'm ready to cut that particular cord.

Our youngest grandson will spend the night on Sunday and then Monday there is a birthday party for our oldest grandson who is turning four. We're looking forward to the grandkid fixes we'll get all weekend.

Am I one dimensional? I talk about work, grandkids, and bosses. How have I broadened my horizons lately?

Let's see. I'm still reading the John Adams biography and enjoying it but it's slow going because of my eyes. They just don't work well in the evenings after a long day of computer work with numbers. I haven't figured out what projects to tackle around the house, but I'm thinking the linen closets. I know I've said that before, but I'd really like to work on them. I just don't know when. I started a second blog about chocolate, but I can't seem to think of anything to write. I don't want to steal recipes to post and I suck at making up my own. Any ideas?

Soon I'm going to start gathering information for our Florida trip. I don't want to over-prepare but I don't want to arrive flat footed either.

Okay, I'm maybe a half a dimension beyond one-dimensional. Please help.

1 comment:

josie said...

Spiga in South Beach was our one good dinner. Very very good dinner. Reservations are recommended but they fit us in the night before the race. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. Simple, elegant, fresh and amazing. My husband even ate asparagus there and loved it. He does not love asparagus. It's Italian. Also, Jerry's Deli(? I think it was called) on South Beach was fun and a good place for breakfast or lunch. That's where we saw the guy who's now the young cop on Southland. I know you'll be a little far from SoBe (as the natives call it) but it might be worth the trip once. Especially for Spiga.