Saturday, June 27, 2009

A complete waste of oxygen

I plan on being a complete waste of oxygen this weekend. I got R's work caught up, caught up things for a couple of clients, and now I'm vegging. I have plans to lay by a friend's pool with other girlfriends and eat brownies and drink beverages of an unknown mixture.

The brownies are baking now and the house smells good. I've done a couple loads of laundry (oops -- had to stop and go fold) which was more self-serving than anything because it was 95% my stuff and I need stuff to wear while I'm wasting oxygen. I just took the brownies out of the oven which sounds like effort but I need stuff to stuff in me while I'm wasting oxygen.

I went swimsuit shopping last night. Disaster. Somehow the sizes they are offering are different from the size I wear. And by offering, I mean a choice of three suits in a style I'm comfortable with. I think tankinis are cute but the separation between the top and bottom occurs at the exact place on my body that needs coverage. And support. And spandex.

I tried on "slimming" suits that should have been called "strangulating" suits. Even if I could breathe in them, my legs looked oddly shaped as all of the stuff the suit was squeezing in pushed out my upper back and legs. It was a horror movie in the dressing room.

I believe we're planning on cooking steaks tonight which won't exactly help the swimsuit issues but will be delicious nonetheless. It's been ages since we've had steaks or had time to have steaks. We may hit a movie tomorrow but we may just decide to chill some more.

R is actually running errands and has a few tasks to complete this afternoon while I'm wasting oxygen. It must suck to be the responsible person in this marriage.

Gotta go. He's home from errands.

No comments: