Monday, November 2, 2009

Addition equals subtraction

Even though we added an hour early Sunday morning, I feel as if I lost three hours. I'm exhausted and could fall asleep now but it's a bit unseemly to go to bed at 6:30 p.m. on a weeknight. Unless you host the Today show or something.

Having the grandkids here always takes it out of me but it's a good depletion. I'd rather be weary from their visit than bored and rested. We played with my son's Wii (I'm guessing on the spelling) all weekend and it was great fun although it tested more muscles than I've tested in ages. I should be embarrassed about that but I'm not.

A good thing about aging: You can admit to flaws and frailties and personal shortcomings and not care.

We purchased a painting at a gallery opening a few weeks back and we were able to pick it up on Saturday. It's hanging on the wall in my TV room as I type this. It's awesome. I didn't know it until I got it home, but the girl in the painting looks like my daughter at an early age. I think I knew it when I bought it, but I didn't realize how strong the resemblance was until I saw it hanging in my house. Isn't that weird? The gallery owner, a good friend, told us he could have sold the painting three times over. Boy I'm glad we gave in to the urge and bought it on sight.

I had a tough day at work today. I had to help a student understand her balance and it didn't go well. Sigh.

Okay, everything I do at work teaches me something--that's what I have to take out of it. Now I'm going to eat some popcorn and rest my muscles.

No comments: