I was off work today. It's pretty slow at the University usually and it happens to be my 32nd anniversary so I took it off. I planned to do lots of things but didn't do much actually. I had a funeral to attend late morning and that was sad and I couldn't get back on track. You understand.
I can't count the number of photos I've gone through in my effort to re-sort and re-order the old photo albums. It has to be in the thousands. We bought three more albums tonight and I'm pulling photos from old albums (cheapie ones that were not acid-free) and putting them in new ones. I also acquired piles of photos from who knows where that I'm including in the mix. I now see why this project has taken so long to get off the ground. It's freaking tedious. I will say it's fun to see the old photos, but it's a pain to sort them chronologically after this length of time. I believe I'm in the early 1990's now. I do know when I get it done the whole process will be easier to maintain. I have little albums for each of the g-kids and then I can just put the rest in the big albums.
Now where the heck am I going to store these things? My kids' childhoods are in them!
And I had no idea how cute my husband was. I was never cute, but he was pretty darn cute. It's okay, neither of us are cute now. But my kids! So cute! Still are!
Tomorrow we'll cook and clean to get ready for Friday and Saturday. I hope to sleep past 6:00 a.m. but we'll see. I did some laundry today and I have some more bookwork to do and the house needs cleaning. I should go to bed. I'm thinking I won't put my feet up again until Sunday.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Off day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment