I touched on this a bit in my last post, but I use the phrase "In my next life...." fairly often. It usually refers to something I'm short on, unqualified for, or don't like. Like I'll say "In my next life, I'm going to like coffee" with the reason being that having coffee is a social thing that is readily available to most people, whether in a meeting or whatever. Not being a coffee drinker leaves me out in the cold frequently because people are enjoying or sharing coffee when tea or hot water to make tea is not available. Or if it is, it's bad tea. Or the water tastes like an old coffee pot because coffee drinkers don't have a problem with reusing coffee pots for water boiling purposes.
You get the picture. So here is more of my next life list:
In my next life....
- I'll come back as a pug. They have got to be the most pampered, indulged dogs in the world without having to be cute, smart, or constantly groomed.
- If I'm not coming back as a pug, I'll have straight, strong teeth.
- My nose will be smaller.
- I'll be able to sing and play an instrument, either guitar or piano.
- I won't hate to shop for clothes.
- My feet will be a size 7 medium with a normal instep.
- I won't be cold all of the time.
- I'll be a good swimmer. I'm a swimmer now, just not a good one.
- And I'll be a good diver.
- I'll have a sense of direction.
- And I'll be a good driver.
- I won't need glasses.
- I'll take better care of my hands and skin. I don't mind being fair, but I would realize at an earlier age that I need to stay out of the sun.
Oh well. All told, I don't think I'm that far off on a lot of these. Or else I've managed without them. So I have nothing to feel shortchanged about, except maybe the coffee thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment