Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Face off

I deactivated my Facebook account yesterday. I don't think I'll miss it, as most of the posts were by the same few people in my friends group, and half of those I don't keep up with. I got on it to keep up with my kids but the telephone and e-mail seems to do that just fine.

Also, I never felt I could do much on there because my boss's boss friended me. I didn't really want to gripe about a hard day at work or get very political when the guy who can make or break my future at the university would see it. And when your boss's boss asks to be your friend, you pretty much have to say yes, right? I will admit, when my boss's wife asked to be my friend, I said no. But she doesn't determine my raises.

So now I'm free. Aaaahhhhhh. One less thing to worry about, check or keep track of.

My life (Facebook aside) has become crazy busy lately. I need to schedule a little down time but it's kind of bad when you have to schedule your down time. Don't you think? I depressed myself this week when I found myself making mental lists of things I need or would like to do but can't seem to find the time for:

trim pugs' nails
take pugs to vet
clean coils on fridge
clean basement and spray it for bugs
yard work, yard work, yard work
wash windows
clean blinds
brush cats

And as I'm looking at the end of the year approaching, I'm worrying about all that involves accounting-wise. How the heck am I going to manage? Okay, enough of that. I'm stressing myself out. Notice how I don't stop typing and get busy? Priorities!

In the good news department, I am off Friday and will spend the day with work buddies just kicking around, shopping, and goofing off. Then later this month I have the 25th off, which is our anniversary and is also the day before Thanksgiving. That will make for a five-day weekend. In December, we have tickets to a show in KC and I have a room booked for that night. Fun and relaxation. THEN, I have the 24th of December off and ALL OF THE WEEK THAT FOLLOWS!!!

So stop whining, girl, and count your blessings. And I made a pan of blonde brownies for a co-worker's birthday tomorrow so I'm not as lame as I thought.

G'night!

No comments: