Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Barkin' dogs again

Dang, my dogs are barkin' again!  I spent the day cooking again and I believe based on this and the last post, it is clear I could not be a professional chef.  I couldn't handle standing all day.

I made pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, an apple pie and a pecan pie.  The turkey is in the oven now.  Last night I made more Chex mix.  Tomorrow I'll make the dressing and sweet potatoes, and the family is bringing the rest of what we need. 

Both pies boiled over in the oven so the house smells pretty cooked.  At least it's a good smoky smell.  The smoke alarm actually went off earlier....

We got the table and chairs moved here from my Mom's house last Sunday.  We moved our set to her house to be sold when we eventually have the sale.  I love having my grandma's set, knowing it was something they used and then we used when we were growing up.  It's not fancy at all, but it fits in my unfancy house perfectly.

I'm toying with applying for another position at the university.  More money but perhaps some more stress.  The biggest stress I'm feeling is upsetting the office where I work now, even though I'd be down the hall.  I was asked by the director of the department to apply for the position, which was flattering.  I work with this department frequently, so I already know everyone.  I need a couple of free days to get my head wrapped around it, and then I'll probably go ahead.

I got a new phone last weekend.  It's freakin' awesome and I can do anything I want on it.  In fact, I'm sure there's a lot that I can do that I don't know and never will. 

My dogs are barkin' and my eyes are slamming shut.  When will I ever have downtime?  I guess when I die...

No comments: