Sunday, November 7, 2010

Punch list

I admit to being a list maker.  I'm a huge forgetter for one thing, but the biggest reason is that I like to cross things off my list when I get them done.  I have been known to add something to my list just so I could cross it off when it wasn't put on there initially.

Our weekends operate on lists.  This weekend was no different, but the list is carrying over into the next couple of days and/or weeks.  I'm going to be gone from Tuesday through Sunday this week staying with my grandkids ages 5, 3, and 3 months.  I don't want to be caught in another city without things that will help me function, so I've started putting together things I'm going to bring along and figuring out what I'm going to pack.  Comfortable is the word of the day, and I bought a pair of jeans today to help with that.  I don't have any jeans that really fit, and I think I found a pair today.  We'll see after I wash them.

My wonderful daughter is making sure I have the foods and snacks and wine I need.  You know, the important stuff.  I'm bringing along some dark chocolate M&M's because it would be silly not to.  I've updated and recharged our little laptop, my camera, and my phone.  And I'll bring my crochet.

We're getting into a busy time over the next few weeks, so my list included things that needed to get done before it gets too cold.  R worked in the yard and we put away things for the winter (he still needs to do the hoses).  Yesterday I made some party mix for a large (20? 30? people?) gathering I'm having here in two weeks.  Maybe while I'm with the grandkids I'll work on my menu and grocery list.  After that is Thanksgiving and my kids and grandkids will be here and I'm so excited.  I LOVE cooking for Thanksgiving.  (Remind me of that when my feet hurt and my kitchen is full of dirty dishes.)  I am the queen of comfort foods, so if traditional Thanksgiving is your bag my dinner rocks it.

Since I'll be watching the grandkids this week, I won't be working.  That will be a nice break, but it will be hectic when I return.  Oh well.  The time is as good as it can be to be gone.

I hear my dryer beeping and I bought some new towels for my bathroom that should be dry now.  It's a mini makeover for my bathroom, but it doesn't take much to excite me.

That's it for now.  Wish me luck!

No comments: