I have had no ibuprofen since Saturday, so I think the monkey is falling off my back. My ears are still ringing a bit (they usually do) and my neck is still stiff (a tenuous connection if at all) but my head feels pretty good except for occasional tooth pain. Please God let that be the end of it. My dentist told me the pain may get worse before it gets better after the root canal because the affected tooth would be elevated a little with the dying root which would affect the bite on the upper teeth and cause them pain. Here's what's weird. I can feel pretty good most of the time but when I sleep I tend to sleep on my left side or my stomach with my face turned to the right. I almost always end up in that position (my eyebrows and creases can attest to that) but when I wake up, I am in extraordinary pain in that side of my jaw. If I move to my back or sometimes my right side and practice relaxation techniques, I can usually diminish the pain. Not instantly, but with a little patience I will feel better.
Does this mean it is sinuses? A nerve? Am I grinding my teeth? Compressing a tender spot on my jaw? I'd really like to know, but I'm busy going through withdrawal. Don't bother me.
And by the way, I speak from withdrawal experience. I gave up Diet Coke more than once.
Okay, I've got to stop because the Women of SNL is on now and I'm old enough to have watched SNL from the beginning so this show sounds like fun. Laraine Newman is even on it. Wonder where Jane Curtain is?
Also I need to crochet. There -- another label on this post!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Withdrawal - Day Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment