We couldn't find a thing to watch on TV late this afternoon when we finished running errands, catching up, and recovering from having a family dinner here yesterday afternoon. I suggested we head to the video store (I know that's excruciatingly lame, but we don't subscribe to Pay Per View or Netflix online) where we picked up a copy of "The King's Speech." When we went to pay for it, we found out it was a free rental because the video store gave us a coupon to get us back in the store. That made it a free speech. Ba-DUM-dum!
I gotta say, the rental was worth it at any price. Good movie, and Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were remarkable. And with a royal wedding scheduled for next weekend, it was kind of timely and reacquainted me with some of the names and titles. Now I need to get a book or rent a movie about Wallis Simpson who sounds like someone I'd dislike instantly but would love to read about. I love dish about nasty women.
Speaking of dish, I also want to read about Elizabeth Taylor. Not that I think she was a nasty woman, but I think she was incredibly interesting and unbelievably beautiful. Some of the stuff she did was just so out there and inappropriate for the times although it would scarcely raise a headline if it happened now.
We picked up a couple little packs of snapdragons for R to plant in a galvanized pail we have on our deck. He plants them every year to honor his mother who loved snapdragons. He lets the grandkids pick the flowers and make them snap and they love it. I love the simple circle of continuity that it creates. For my own pots, I am crazy about hens and chicks. I remember when my mom showed them to me when I was a kid and told me how you had a "mom" and after a while she would be surrounded by "chicks" that looked like miniature little moms. I always plant them and I probably always will and I still love looking for new little chicks. The fact that they thrive on neglect doesn't hurt either.
I polished my granddaughter's nails yesterday which prompted me to finally get to my own. It turned off cool today but my toenails are ready for sandals whenever the weather allows. I also got a haircut yesterday, so I'm good to go. Well, I will be in about a week when it grows out a skosh. Why do stylists insist on giving you your money's worth in inches?
I'd better quit so I can finish laundry and put a clear coat on my fingernails. Ta!
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Free speech
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment