I've had too much time on my hands at work this week which is a dangerous thing. I reviewed the employee handbook online and checked further into the benefit of free tuition for one course a semester. I decided to look and see if there was anything that caught my eye, and I found something in archaeology (my eyes got caught very quickly in the alphabetical list of courses). I can take three hours at night on Mondays next fall as a non-degree seeking graduate student. I can take the course pass / fail or maybe even just audit the course (no tests). I have no desire to get my MBA and this seems about as far from that goal as I can get. I'm enough years out of school that I don't even know if I can do it again, and this would be a good way to wade in and test the water.
I completed an online application so I've taken the first step. I can sign up for the course and drop it later if I chicken out. I still have time to mull the problem of how I am going to keep up with Antiques Roadshow if I'm at school. That's a puzzler.
I also looked over my calendar for the next few months and scheduled some days off from work. I'm the walking wounded if by wounded you mean physically and mentally exhausted. I'm busy at work, busy at home, and things are stacking up on a daily basis. One of the days I scheduled is in May for no reason at all except that May is a pretty month and I maybe could work outside in the garden. Or lay around and drink iced tea. Two of the days off are scheduled in June around a family reunion so I can enjoy the weekend without feeling pushed.
Now why would I talk about being exhausted and signing up for a course in the same post? I swear sometimes I'm schizo.
I made some no-bakes for the office tomorrow for Administrative Assistants Day. My boss never remembers to do anything and I don't want the staff to feel unappreciated. Plus I get to eat cookies.
I'm tired so it's time to wrap.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Scheduled rest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment