Okay, last night I remembered what I was going to write about, but I can't remember why I thought it was interesting. I'll forge ahead anyway.
Several years ago I bought an old metal lawn cart at a garage sale for something like two bucks. It was kind of beat up but was really handy and I used it a lot. It was green where the paint was still on it, and was really pretty retro. Last year I found a plastic lawn cart that had a few more features (places for tools, larger wheels) that was something like fifteen bucks. Since I didn't need two lawn carts, R took the old one to his shop which is where we take most everything we don't know what to do with.
A buddy who runs a shop that brings him work came in and asked about the lawn cart. R offered it to him and he thought about it, then ended up taking it. He had the idea to have his 8-year-old grandson help him clean it up and repaint it so they could give it to his wife for mother's day. They worked on fixing it up and it took them a couple of weekends to do a good job. It was an opportunity to teach his grandson how to work with a spray gun, plus they could spend time together. The little boy was excited and proud of his contribution, and it will be a cherished gift for his wife because she will know how they worked on it together.
The thought of that old cart having a new life just makes me smile. Thinking of the little boy spending time with his grandpa to make his grandma happy is just too cute. And to top it off, the little boy's name is Seamus (I'm not sure of the spelling, but it's pronounced SHAY-mus). So I think that the best thing that could have happened for all of us was for us to give that cart away. We had no idea what that would bring back to us...a happy karma rebound.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Remembered
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment