I was on vacation the past couple of days, tending to my darling new grandson and his proud, delighted parents. I've been lucky that I have been able to do that for both my son's and my daughter's kids. I could have stayed another day except....
....hell broke loose at work. Hell and then some. Damn. I ended up on the phone with the office several times yesterday, long distance with our tech, online several times working on security for our server, fielding emails and questions and generally working. On my vacation. Damn that internet, email, cell phone accessibility!
I don't get paid enough to give up my vacation time, but what are you gonna do? We had a really major pile of crap hit the fan when one of our partners was arrested in another city for drunk and disorderly conduct, then continued to wig out and kicked out the windows of the vehicle that was transporting him to the police station. And why not verbally abuse the officers while he was at it? All of this while he was traveling to take a deposition on a case that the office had to scramble to have someone cover at the last minute.
Now he is no longer one of our partners. This means we need to have our name changed, logo redesigned, domain name changed (changing all e-mail addresses), new letterhead, envelopes, etc., telephone book ads, and at least a thousand other details that will become apparent one by freakin' one. And 99% of the task of making these changes will land on my desk.
Oh. And I got another job application rejection letter today. Why the hell not?
I'd say my life sucks right now, but that just isn't true with the new grandson's healthy arrival. The distractions are making it a little difficult to enjoy the moment as completely as I'd like, but I guess that's a challenge to me. It's up to me not to let everything else get in the way, so let's see if I can drop the self-pitying portion of the program and just move forward. I believe some wine would help, but isn't that a tad ironic considering what caused the latest "situation?" Oh, let's not blame wine. I'm guessing it was vodka.
Family reunion coming this weekend. Me and about a hundred of my cousins, aunts, second cousins, and siblings will gather for most of the weekend. It's a lot of fun, a great time to catch up, see everyone, and wonder why my parents ended up with all of the short, fat genes in the pool. It's my mother's family, so I'm guessing my German/Irish dad brought them in. Oh well, we have the most laughs.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Win for losing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment