Monday, June 30, 2008

Wiped...again

We cannot continue this pace for much longer, which is why an open calendar is a welcome sight. It's been one thing after another which is exciting and exhausting, leaving us wiped.

I'm still working on the transition at work of removing a partner and all of the paraphernalia that goes with it. It's crazy how embedded a partner is in a firm. His name or initial or signature or authorization is on so many things. Even our domain name includes his initial, so we had to buy a new one and switch our e-mail addresses, website, etc. Then, when I went in for a few hours last Friday (on my day off -- some vacation week!!!) the SQL server went down which means I couldn't open up the time and accounting software we use, as well as create a backup. Whoopee! I was too tired to deal with it then so it waited for me to solve it this morning first thing.

And that's why God made techs.....and white zinfandel.

More later when I can keep my eyes open and have something more interesting to say.

No comments: