Friday, May 7, 2010

Dining out

I had lunch today with an old boss/girlfriend whom I only see a couple of times a year. We love to visit but have to fit it in during a work day so it makes for a gabby lunch. She was the first CPA I worked for and was great. She is really a pretty serious person, but has a wonderful heart. She also taught me tons about the nuts and bolts of accounting, which has helped me in my career.

Then I had dinner tonight with a co-worker. She's young and beautiful and extremely well-adjusted but has just experienced a breakup of sorts. I feel bad for her but I don't think the guy was right for her anyway. I've never met him, but on paper it just didn't work. Later we were joined by two more co-workers (sisters) who are great fun. They're kind of serious most of the time but I can usually make them laugh. Tonight I did a Mr. T impression that left them rolling in the aisles.

I'll do or say most anything for a laugh. I'm a laugh whore.

I also have a lunch scheduled with my replacement at the old firm and a dinner with a co-worker from the old firm. And my old boss said he wants to have lunch (but I'm not looking forward to that one).

I'm a freakin' hot ticket!

Okay, what else. I'm looking forward to a quiet Mother's Day at home. I plan on chilling out all day. R bought me a magazine to read while I put my feet up and relax. He also gave me a sweet flashlight that I saw at the hardware store last week and coveted. Have I mentioned my flashlight fetish? Yep. I know it's weird, but I happen to love flashlights. I have tons. I carry two tiny ones (wait, THREE tiny ones) in my purse. I'm the most prepared person ever for the possibility of a power failure. And no, I'm not afraid of the dark.

I need to e-mail a friend. I'll wrap this up. Ta!

No comments: