Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday stuff

I've got a week coming up of crazy busy, hard work, and tons of meetings. Makes me feel indispensable. Makes me feel anxious. I guess I can handle that, especially with a long weekend coming up (I'm taking off on Tuesday too).

The heat arrived this weekend. I vowed I would not complain and I succeeded in keeping the A/C off because it has been unseasonably cool the past few weeks and I was sick of it. I broke out the capri pants and flip flops and did pretty well. I didn't do too much that would have made me hot but I did clean the kitchen floor which was gross. I made pizza tonight and the kitchen is hot but we hope it will cool down by itself.

We went to a nursery probably 15 miles away that had plants, a bucolic setting with stone fences and hay fields surrounding, tons of animals including a peacock that would not get out of the way when we wanted to leave (was that a marketing strategy?) and a hog that was laying in a mud puddle up to it's hocks. It was a nice side trip after dropping off the g-kids. We've tried to go for weeks now but it's been too cold and rainy. I HATE plant shopping in the cold. Today all I got was a pretty little aloe vera. I already had a nice little glazed ceramic pot for it and I got it potted this afternoon. Now all I need is a sunny window. We're a little short on those.

I'm a little shaken because our blind, deaf pug just fell down our basement stairs. I was moving over the last load of laundry and R was coming down the stairs behind me. As he turned to place the gate we use to keep the pug safe, the dog got past him and skidded down the stairs before dropping off the side and hitting the concrete. He limped for a little bit but his leg looks good and he doesn't appear to be in pain. We don't think he hit his head. He's putting weight on his leg now and is resting in his favorite spot on R's outstretched legs. Poor dear.

I don't really know much or have much to write about. I just wanted to put my feet up too. Guess I'm done now.

No comments: