Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nice day

We had a nice day. I did a little laundry and R mowed and cleaned the gutters. He also worked at his shop in the morning and finished waxing my car. We ran some errands and tonight I found a swimsuit coverup and a nightgown. If you can believe it I have a sleepover to go to in a couple of weeks at a friend's house and I figured I'd better find a nightgown that isn't worn out or baggy.

June weekends will be busy at our house. Tomorrow I'll go to my mom's to see my aunt, uncle and a cousin who will be in town. Next Friday we have dominoes at our house. The following weekend is my sleepover (Friday) and my youngest grandson's birthday party (Saturday) and Father's Day (Sunday). The weekend after that is a niece's rehearsal dinner (Thursday) the wedding (Friday) and then probably some family stuff on Saturday.

We also went to the annual art fair at the university today. It has tons of booths with everything from paintings and photography to jewelry and yard art. It's a juried fair so it's not as homespun crafty as some. I tend to gravitate to the earrings and the pottery. I ended up choosing a piece of pottery because I liked the color of the glaze. While we walked around, the sun was hot but there was a little breeze, just as it should be. A perfect summer day.

The neighborhood had garage sales today too. We went to a few and found a few little goodies. Had lots of nice chats with neighbors. We have two new young couples on the block, one with a little girl who is almost two and the other with a little boy about 8 or 9 months. So darn cute.

I watered the flower beds a little today but ended up watering the basement even more. R had to vacuum up the water and I had to throw the clothes in the washer (which is where they were headed anyway). Sometimes it sucks to have such a crappy basement but you get used to it. A lady I work with stayed home two days this week because she got water in her basement. Heck, I'd be off most of April if that were the case.

I'd better move a load of laundry over. The list of things R got done far outweighs the list of things I got done.

No comments: