Friday, June 18, 2010

Pain update

My foot is getting better although it is not yet on speaking terms with a pair of shoes. I've been wearing flip flops to work all week which is a little too casual but it's all I can do. Tonight my foot hurts in the arch and instep.....probably because I've been wearing flip flops all week.

The deep purple bruise has faded to a lovely gray. Now it just looks like my foot is dirty. Lovely. Plus there is a bump on the top knuckle that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I hope it goes down because it's what hurts when I put on shoes.

My sleepover with the girls from work got canceled tonight. We had originally arranged it because one of the women had been dealing with a terminally ill husband and she needed a break, but he passed away this week. I can't imagine how hard it's been for her. She's been dealing with a really ill husband and they've also had money trouble, due in large part to his illness. They literally had to make choices in his care based on whether they could afford it, not based on whether he needed it or it would help him feel better. I think anyone who is arguing against health care reform would rethink it if they were faced with such tragic decisions.

Our youngest grandson turns two this weekend. It's hard to believe it's been two years since we've had a baby in the family. In two more months, we'll have another which will be delightful. I'm really anxious to see what she looks like because I just can't figure out who she'll look like. I know she'll be beautiful. I can't wait.

My foot aches so I'm going to go to bed. I think some ibuprophen will help.

No comments: