Sunday, July 11, 2010

Okay

I think I'm doing okay, even though I'm a little stressed and nervous. My boss is off all week and tomorrow I have to give his presentation at orientation. It's short and sweet and I know the information inside and out but I'm still inexplicably worried. I need to pretend I'm just talking to a student or a parent instead of a conference room full of them.

I had a busy weekend and I'm kind of pooped but I did get a nap this afternoon. I have lots of little niggling worries that make no sense but I'm trying to figure out if it's because of a new moon, peri-menopause, or just normal, reasonable concerns. Maybe I'm over thinking it and should just accept that sometimes the worry scale tips a little further one way.

I'm also getting anxious because I'll have a new grandchild soon. The waiting is hard. For some reason, I'm impatient to see the baby and see what she looks like. And the thing is, when we do see her, she will be perfect and will look exactly how she is supposed to look. So being impatient about it is a waste of effort, but again it could be more of that new moon, peri-menopause thing.

Complete change of subject: tonight we watched a movie that neighbors recommended to us as "the best movie ever." We watched Love Actually with Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson, and lots of other stars. It ended up being one of the stupidest movies I've ever sat through. I really did have high hopes, but just couldn't suspend reality enough to buy any of the 47 different love stories it was trying to tell in the most fragmented way possible. The only character I ended up really caring about was Emma Thompson's, and she is the only one (spoiler alert) whose story didn't have a happy ending. But there was a little kid (with an incredulous happy ending) who looked exactly like my youngest grandson if he was about 10, not 2 years old. I could barely concentrate on the movie because the resemblance was so striking. Even R noticed it.

It rained again today but not much. I have no idea how much ahead we are in the rainfall totals, but it must be impressive. It's incredibly humid but it doesn't seem too hot because we frequently have cloud cover. I was able to swim on Saturday and that felt good. I also did some floating around on inflatable rafts, and that was awesome. If I had a pool I would never get anything done because I am a relaxation whore.

I'm wrapping up. I hope I can set aside my piddly little worries enough to sleep. I wish Tylenol P.M. worked for me -- instead of making me sleep it wires me up. Maybe I should look into amphetamines.

Or maybe I should read some old posts. My eyes are drooping already.

No comments: