I survived the presentation I had to give at orientation. I didn't rock the house but I didn't suck. I'm satisfied with that.
R and I have a weekend away planned for this weekend. No big deal but I need to get my contract work caught up so my clients (and I) don't stress. I'm planning on working on it tonight while he goes to the grocery store. It seems like I always have to finish something before I can relax and enjoy something else. I don't want to wish my life away, but MAN I wish I could retire.
Today I was walking down the long hallway to my office. It's wide and open. No one was there, and I had the strongest urge to do cartwheels. I resisted that urge, considering I'm 52 and I haven't done cartwheels in probably 20 years. Plus there are cameras and I did not want to have to explain my injuries at the workplace and then have the video reviewed. Even so, I wish I could still do cartwheels. I'll have to try it out someplace else to see if I can.
I also used to be able to do handstands and stand on my head. I could do a back bend from a standing position. Now I can barely touch my toes. And when I do, there is groaning and creaking involved. It's probably okay that I can't do those things, but I hate how inflexible I've become. I don't hate it enough to work on stretching and strengthening, but still.
My eyes are drooping. I have a lot of work to do. I'd better quit before I fall asleep.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Survived
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment