We're getting closer to Christmas, I'm getting closer to vacation, and I'm closer to being done with the big preparations. Yeah, no baking, no wrapping, no decorating. But I'm pretty sure my shopping and gift selections are done. I don't want to peak too early.
We had our office holiday luncheon today -- a taco bar. It was tasty, friendly, and fun. I made Spanish rice (from a package) that hit the spot. I also had my bunco holiday dinner last Tuesday. Tasty, friendly, fun. All in all, good holiday events.
Did I mention that I got a haircut? It's great, a lot shorter, really layered, and everyone seems to like it. More than one person told me it makes me look younger. My theory is that my old hair was heavy and pulling down my face. This lighter version doesn't weigh me down. It's just a theory....
I should hear something soon if I get an interview for the job in the other department. The search committee was meeting today. I keep working and wondering how I'm ever going to be able to show my boss how to do my job, but it's also forcing me to document or update my documentation of procedures which is never a bad thing. Still, you never know how much you do until you begin to examine every task.
I had a salad and baked potato for supper so I think a little dish of dark chocolate M&M's is in order. I'm sneezing again, and it darn well better be due to feeling chilled because if I have another cold I'll be really pissed. My boss has been coughing and hacking and carrying on for about a week. We're all getting tired of hearing it, but I'm sure he's as tired of it as the rest of us.
Okay, R is working and I'm goofing off so I'd better go get busy. I've got to work on his books. And those M&M's aren't going to dish themselves.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Closer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment