Monday, December 13, 2010

Random

I'm pretty well now, and am sleeping better.  R isn't coughing much and is also sleeping better which helps me sleep better.  Man, life can take a spiral when you're tired.  Note to self:  when tired get rest.

Work is back in full swing again and that's going okay.  I have ten more days before I'm off for our winter break and the thought of it makes my stomach flutter.  Isn't that dopey?  I loves me a good vacation.  (Please God, don't let me crack another tooth, or have a toilet stop up, or any of the other things that happened last year....)


R is trying hard to lose some weight, and has decided to step it up and start running again.  He'd like to do another 5K which would be great.  He runs better than I do, which isn't saying much actually, but at least he tries.  I'm proud of him for trying.  He's struggling with the fact that it's harder for him to lose weight than it used to be, but that's how it is for all of us. 

We haven't done any decorating, baking, wassailing, or anything else a household might do for Christmas.  We have done some shopping, but that's about it.  We think we'll put the tree up this week or this weekend. 

My sister turns 50 this week and her party is Sunday.  I'm helping with it so will need to make a few things.  Can I call that my Christmas baking? 

I don't have anything else to say because I'm distracted with watching Hoarders.  I believe I would qualify for a show about having ADD when Hoarders is on.  I really just want to get in there and clean up after some of these hoarders but honestly I think they may be too filthy even for me (who likes a challenge). 

The washer dinged -- gotta go move a load over.  Ta!

2 comments:

Josie said...

uh, you can channel those urges over my way. I don't watch those shows because sometimes I feel just a lilttle too close to that edge, and it scares me...

Mary said...

You're not even close to that edge because you know how to throw stuff out. Kids' messes are different from hoarded piles of crap.

But if you need me to clean something....I'm off the week between Christmas and New Years!