Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wrap

We wrapped up the United Way campaign at work yesterday so I can say goodbye to another five weeks of scheduled events and meetings that for whatever reason stresses me out.  I am ever grateful I am not in charge and I really think my best asset is my willingness to be a gofer.  I'll do most anything they ask, just don't ask me to do the asking.  I get to meet people around the university and also gain a reputation as "that helpful lady with the gray hair..."

R mowed the back yard today and the whole space is probably at it's peak of prettiness.  Some of our second attempt at grass seeding came up and the grass that was already there is filling in and looking kind of good.  I love the small space coziness of our back yard, in fact I'm typing in it right now while sitting at our patio table. Oh my gosh, a darling little chickadee just stopped and enjoyed a bite from the little feeder I hung in the kitchen window so our canary could watch his counterparts bop around.  It's the first one I've seen on the feeder that I moved there yesterday, and he's even doing it while I'm sitting right here, probably twelve feet away!  Freakin' adorable.

We're going to go pick up a couple more plants tomorrow so I can get a little more color around here.  We try to do it in tiny bits so it doesn't feel like we're dropping a bundle. 

I have no projects for the weekend except taking it easy.  R bought me a magazine last night (Real Simple) so I can relax and rest and do nothing (or not much).  I would like to pull some weeds and move a couple of plants but that's actually relaxing when you have time for it.

A friend stopped by last night for a visit.  She was feeling bad for the blind, deaf pug who kept wandering around the room, running into things.  She dubbed him "Roomba" which is perfect.  Too bad he isn't equipped for cleaning though.

We're meeting friends for dinner tonight and there will be margaritas.  I already have a headache so I'm thinking when I wake up tomorrow with a sinus headache no one will believe me again.  Curses!

That's it for now.  I'm going to relax some more.

No comments: