I have a doozy of a canker sore that would better be described as a cranker sore. It makes me cranky because it hurts all of the time, it hurts when I talk, it hurts when I don't, it hurts when I eat (but I still do) and it really, really hurts when I brush my teeth. I tried skipping tooth brushing today to see if it would help it heal but it didn't so I sucked it up.
My friend who has been terminally ill died last night. Another friend (who is the world's biggest negatory) called today to let me know and made sure I was aware how little the daughter of the deceased friend has done to help with the final details. For the life of me I can't figure out how this helps the situation or the family with their loss, but rather than point that out and get into a whole big thing, I just let it go. I said "Hmmm," and nothing more. No commiserating, no agreeing, and no encouraging. It's lame but it's the best I can do.
My dad died 10 years ago today. He had ALS and was diagnosed almost exactly a year before he died at age 73. I like to think of him healthy and his usual fun, funny self. He was a really great guy who people loved and loved to be around. Yay dad! One of the best years we had was his last year, which he spent tying up loose ends and making sure we all knew how much he loved us and how proud he was of us. He really showed me how to die beautifully. Always teaching me, that guy!
We're making final preparations for the big bash next weekend. Today I finished up work in my office upstairs and then dealt with the stacks of papers that needed to be put away or shredded. It looks so great when it's cleaned up. It lasts such a short time though.
I cut R's hair today, he worked on the back yard, we went to the store, made a trip to the liquor store, took care of the monthly dog needs (flea and heart worm meds, nails clipped, ears cleaned). I swear I'd be rich without dog and cat expenses, but we all know I'd be missing the joy of pet ownership. Okay, I'll admit it, I could live without the cats. They will not be replaced when their time comes. They're okay pets but don't give me the love that the dogs do. When the cats want attention, it's all about them. When the dogs want attention, it's to please me. Big difference.
I found a file folder of letters and emails from my daughter when she went to college. It is priceless. I am so glad I had a girl and also so glad I had only one. I think I got the best of all worlds there. I hope her daughter gives her the same joy she's given me, not to mention the same problems. Fair is fair.
Okay, this is all over the place. My pizza is done and my canker sore still hurts. Hot, homemade sausage pizza should help that, right?
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Cranker sore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment