Thursday, September 6, 2007

R is out

R went to his nephew's football game, the pugs are desperate for his return, and I'm sitting around trying to figure out what to do with my evening. I considered taking a walk but I don't want to walk by myself. I have a book that I'm reading but my eyes are tired and dry and I'm too lazy to get up and get the drops. My usual Thursday night programs are pre-empted with a football game (this better not be a permanent change). They would have entertained me even if they were reruns.

R probably won't want to walk when he gets home but we'll see. I found my pedometer the other day when I was cleaning out a drawer and replaced the batteries in it. I wore it all day yesterday and with my morning walk and an evening walk, I managed the 5 miles I was hoping for. I probably didn't manage much over half a mile at work all day (it's hard for accountants to walk while entering data or adding sums) so I must rely on my morning and evenings to accumulate steps. I figure 5 miles is about 10,000 steps which is what we're supposed to shoot for. I made adjustments to my stride length in order to get the mileage right today (I also measured my walking route) but I was still off. It might be because I ran/walked the route.

Change of subject: WHAT is my fascination with the Duggar family on Discovery Health? I'm looking forward to watching the show when they add child #17 to the family. Growing up, I knew a family with 16 kids. Actually, growing up Catholic, we knew lots of families with 8, 10, 12 kids on up. Families with only three or four kids were considered small. We (R and I) originally wanted six kids, but stopped at three (we had a very tiny house). Anyway, the Duggars seem to do pretty well with managing things, home schooling and strong religious influences aside. I've got to give them credit.

I guess that's it for now. Designed to Sell is nearly over. I've got to get busy and get a life.

No comments: