Saturday, September 8, 2007

Kix and noodles

Trying to feed the g-kids and eat my own supper and warm up a bottle at the same time. Takes me back to dinnertimes when my own kids were little and I learned to inhale my food so I could at least get it down while it was hot. I still inhale my food because that's a hard habit to break.

I made chicken noodle soup using the noodles left from when I made lasagna. They were freakin' delicious! I took the dough scraps and made thin noodles from that and then froze them. They cooked up really light and tasty. I also used up chicken broth from the freezer that was who knows how old. I only used breast meat because that's what I had, but the chicken stock gave it enough flavor. J sent along a loaf of bread she made so we had a feast. A feast that I inhaled. Out two-year-old grandson tried a noodle or two but stuck with his usual Kix. Whatever works. Our nearly 7-month old granddaughter loved the noodles but I limited her to just a few because the soup was pretty salty (for a baby). She was just as happy with Kix too.

I sanded the spackle and primed one of the closets in the guest room yesterday and will try to get the walls painted in it tomorrow when the little ones leave. Maybe we can make a trip to pick up some new doors for it tomorrow evening or some night this week. I hope they use the same old hardware we have (bi-fold door tracks) so we don't have to reinstall that. It seems silly to spend any time at all on something no one will ever see but me, but that's pretty much the story for any closet. We have a closet in this house that still has the original 70+ year old wallpaper in it, but most of them just need painting and organization. The one I'm working on now has paper that's been painted over but I don't care enough to remove it. I'm getting lazy in my old age I guess.

I need to set up the baby's bed and maybe dip them both in the tub. Maybe I can talk R into taking a little walk first. Time to go.

No comments: