I keep winning the county lottery. I've won six or seven times now. I wish they'd toss my ticket for a while because I'm getting tired of reporting to jury duty.
I got another notice today and will have to report in about a month. I always go and have served on two juries. I've sat through several jury selections. I appreciate my duty as a citizen but I'd really like someone else to have a turn. Really!
I've been called three times since 2003. They can only call every two years I think, so they must have my name on a tickler system to recall as soon as available. My husband has never been called. Go figure. (In case you're wondering, he votes. It's not tied to his voter registration.)
The up side is I get out of work for a day or so. And they'll pay me but I'll have to turn over my jury duty check.
Sigh....
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Lottery winner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment