Sunday, March 9, 2008

Breathing

I'm breathing today. Not particularly well, but air does go in and out. I think my coughing has shoved some crap into my eustacian tubes, so my ears are popping and I'm dizzy. But I'm breathing.

R dragged me onto the deck this afternoon and there was sun and warmth to absorb. He had the dryer going and my chair was positioned over the dryer vent so I never got chilled. Then he talked me into going to Lowe's and then the grocery store. I coughed the most at the grocery store which I found embarrassing. I felt sorry for everyone else there. But the walking around was helpful and put different, fresh air into my sorry lungs.

It also got me away from the TV where I'd been watching Discovery Health for the past three days, hoping for a Mystery Diagnosis show involving a 50-something woman recovering slowly from the flu who was nearly dead before the rest of the world (and her office) realized the error in their ways and how they should never dismiss her serious health complaints. There was one show about a woman who just couldn't recover from a bout of pneumonia, but she ended up with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma I think. I don't want that.

We lost the hour last night so it's still really light out now. That's nice. Please let the weather improve so we can enjoy the longer days. I haven't been able to walk in well over a week, but when I can get back out there it's going to be really dark again at 6:00 a.m. Oh well.

We watched "The Apartment" on TCM last night. Both of us thought we'd seen it before we realized neither of us had. I loved it. Shirley MacLaine was absolutely adorable looking in it. I wanted her haircut. And Jack Lemmon was superb. He was even fighting a cold in part of it so I felt he was speaking directly to me. We have got to watch more of the old movies. Sometimes when you've seen clips of things, you forget you haven't really seen the whole thing. I think that's what happened.

Enough for now. I'm going to go breathe a while.

No comments: