Sunday, March 16, 2008

No sickie

I promise not to write about symptoms. Except to say that I'm at about 70% and other than plugged ears that make me feel dizzy, I'm functioning pretty well. I've taken my entire course of steroids and am no longer needing the cough suppressants.

I decided to plod back into life today. We went to a local nursery and I found some pansies that I potted up just to give some color and life to the front porch. R raked the back yard and spread fertilizer/crabgrass killer on it. It was sleeting on him at the time. That is one dedicated crazy man.

I cleaned the patio doors of all of the accumulated pug snot and grandkid spit. They are sparkling. We just need the sun to shine through them and give us a fresh view. Then I primed and painted the spackled holes in the living room from when I rehung some paintings a couple of months ago. I also made a batch of no-bakes for the little neighbor girl across the street who had surgery last week. Of course now I'm pooped and will probably need a nap before supper.

I've got some homemade pizza on the menu for supper tonight. It should hit the spot and give us some yummy leftovers. I made a batch of potato soup yesterday to send home with the g-kids for their sickie parents and we have enough here for a couple of bowls. Good leftovers are worth their weight in gold. And I didn't send ALL of the no-bakes to the little girl across the street....

We've got some crocuses that should bloom soon. R uncovered them a little when he was cleaning up the back yard. Once when my crocuses opened up after a long, nasty winter, my black pug went out, spotted the first bloom, and promptly bit it off. Take that Spring!

We're enjoying the basketball tournaments and will have fun with the brackets when they come out. I know nothing about the teams so I just kind of randomly pick. R and I place bets on each round so neither of us are completely knocked out at the very beginning. He's doing that more for me than him because we both know I'd get knocked out right away.

My youngest finds out this week where he'll do his residency. Keep your fingers crossed he doesn't have to move and we'll have the wonderful pleasure of another grandchild nearby when he arrives in July. Even if it means I have to repaint the baby's room on Friday. Oh the sacrifices I make!

I don't know much else. I actually made my bed today so I must be feeling better. I had fallen back into leaving it unmade so it would be ready to crawl back under the covers at a moment's notice but was honestly getting sick of the unkempt mess with the blinds pulled. What a depressing illness I had! Maybe we'll take a walk later, forcing me back into life even more. And I think I'll have a glass of wine tonight since my meds won't conflict. Aaaahhhhhh. Life returns.

No comments: