Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Champs!

Okay, this will probably be the last sports blog I write, but I must acknowledge the KU win of the NCAA championship. It was awesome! We stayed up and watched the whole game and then jumped around, hollering like nuts. Then we couldn't quite give it up so we watched the post game stuff and interviews and were still too wound to sleep.

After we finally dropped off after midnight, a thunderstorm rolled in and woke us up several times from an already fitful, shortened sleep. We got up early to walk but it was raining, so R got me a diet coke to help me get through the day. We were exhausted but exhilarated. It was a lot of fun.

I loved the way they hung in there and played with tenacity. And as a team. It was a pleasure to watch, even though it was close. It was a classic game.

And now I'm done. My once every four or five years sports interest is now complete.

No comments: