Two little boys stopped by after I got home from work. One is a neighbor and I think the other is the grandson of another neighbor. They wanted to visit the pugs.
They're in 4th grade and have faces out of Leave it to Beaver. The further away I get from having young children, the less I know about how they really behave. Based on sitcoms, children are ready with the wisecrack and are rude to their parents (a lovely mother and a stupid, somewhat overweight father).
These boys were adorable. One lives down the street and has stopped by before. I'll buy anything he's selling: carnival tickets, scout popcorn, candy from a catalog. He fell in love with our pugs at first sight and makes it a point to stop by when he can. His good friend used to come with him but he's going to move away so he found another friend to introduce to our dogs.
I'd like to be the darling little old lady who welcomes the eager and happy children to her house for cookies and milk, but I've rarely got cookies on hand and the truth is it's not me they come to see. But I am the little old lady with the eager and happy pugs who welcome the friendly children, and doesn't mind the interruption one little bit.
Once in a while it's kind of nice to step back into a black and white sitcom.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Cuter than cute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment