Sunday, April 13, 2008

Don't hate me because I'm productive...

I got down to business today and decided to do a little work in my (upstairs) office. I finished assembling and signing our tax returns, wrote checks for taxes and estimated taxes, prepared them for mailing, put away the 2007 tax stuff, put away the 2007 business records, did filing that dated back to 2006, and dusted the ridiculously dusty surfaces in my office that don't usually get dusted because of all the paperwork spread around. I'll sweep the floor in a minute.

I made a backup of all of the tax returns I prepared this year, and filed it with our returns so we don't have a repeat of the ugly crashed computer incident of 2006 where I couldn't find a decent backup and had to reinput all information on all of the returns into Turbo Tax.

I shredded months and months of papers, receipts, and old credit cards, and put away the typewriter that I drag out once a year for annual payroll returns. I put photos into my work-in-process photo box where they are supposed to be put into albums.

I wrapped up financials for March and moved the software into April. I threw away the 1998 Tax Guide that I'm pretty sure I shouldn't refer to any longer. I threw away two old pocket address books and markers I found for a flip chart that I've never owned (where did they come from?). I found a few things for the garage sale planned for May.

I put away the ironing board that had become a large horizontal shelf used as a holder of stacks of papers and work.

I can now move freely about my office and begin working on two contract jobs that I have sitting here. I can also catch up the shop work.

PLUS I got up early this morning and ran. I took a couple hits off my inhaler before I left and I could not believe the difference. R ran with me (we did take walk breaks as we ease back into being able to run again after a long, hard winter), and I had to remind him once if he's going to run with me it will be at my pace, not the other way around. This isn't harsh, it's just what has to happen when I'm so much shorter and less athletic. So there.

So now that you feel lazy and unproductive, feel free to envy me.

No comments: