Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Deep breath

I'm getting myself prepared for the job interview on Friday. I'm trying to prepare a little by learning about the organization, I'm trying to prepare by having a copy of my resume and references on hand for the interview, and I'm trying to prepare by not putting the cart before the horse and start daydreaming about a job change before I've even been evaluated.

That last one is the hardest. I've been waking up way too early and stewing, tossing and fussing. Last night it was windy beyond belief so it woke me up and then I couldn't get back to sleep until I took a Tylenol. The neighbor's motion light was on most all night because of the wind, making my bedroom bright enough for microsurgery, and some fool's wind chimes were off the charts. It's scary how in the middle of the night, when your sleep is disturbed, thoughts turn to guns, bombs, or theft.

Speaking of theft, I guess we should confess to something. My walking partner told us about a car jack (scissors style) that she found in the street near our house sometime Tuesday. She put it up onto the curb, in a neighbor's yard, so it didn't get run over. R saw it this morning when we walked and was excited because it included a 4-way which is a tool that gets the lug nuts off of the wheel, (it looks like a big X). We left it there all day, and tonight when R was on his way home from work, he saw it was still there. So after dark, we crept over there and took it.

Is it theft when it was in the street, left there by accident by who knows who? Is this a finders keepers losers weepers situation? Did we wait an appropriate amount of time (a day and a half) for it to be claimed on the side of the road? If it was okay to take it, why did we wait until it was dark? And why did we run home, afraid to be caught?

We promise it will only be used for good.

No comments: