Saturday, April 5, 2008

Go Hawks!

It's going to be tough settling down tonight. The Jayhawks just beat the hated Tarheels in their final four matchup. I'm sure this is as big as a championship to many of the fans, and puts the Roy Williams move to rest. Finally! I've felt sorry for him about how people reacted to his leaving so I'm glad that it can now be put aside. I think he was a nice guy and I think we ended up with another nice guy in Bill Self.

Sometimes I just love college basketball and sometimes I don't care. I like good players who aren't full of themselves. Don't much care for hotdogging. I really enjoy watching games that are well executed.

Since we're on a sports theme, I also like watching baseball, in person, with a cold drink and some kind of salty snack. Don't watch it on TV except once in a while. I hate football which I'm sure is a result of having no clue. Plus I hate to see anyone get hurt. But I love watching the Super Bowl. It may have something to do with cold drinks and salty snacks.

Can't stand hockey on TV. Don't understand a bit of it and I can't skate worth a darn so I can't fathom how they manage. I have been to a couple of hockey games and they were made entirely worthwhile with cold drinks and a salty snack, so I guess most any sport can be redeemed with the right food. I was hit in the head with a promotional puck once thrown by someone behind me in the stands and I didn't much care for that. Don't understand soccer either but the guys are usually cute so sometimes it's okay to watch for a little bit.

Oh, and I hate pro basketball. It has very little to do with teams and is mostly about individuals. But I remember catching performances from some really great players on occasion that were pure poetry. I can watch those performances, but not for long.

And one more thing. I hate Billy Packer. He is the suckiest announcer ever. I don't know much but I know that.

No comments: