It's super windy today, and as a person who looks for signs of all types, I decided it could signify that the winds of change are blowing.
The moon is also waxing towards full, which I think will happen this weekend. I think that's a good sign too. I LOVE a full moon.
Finally, I had a good hair day today (despite the winds of change), which may not be a sign, but it ain't bad either.
The reason I'm looking for signs is I have a job interview on Friday. I'm interested and a little tentative at the same time. My office knows nothing about it, because I don't want to reveal anything until there is something to reveal. I usually interview pretty well, but we all have our off days. That's why I think the (nearly) full moon will be helpful.
The job is full time and is located within a half block of where I now work. I haven't worked full time since before the kids were born, so I'm telling myself if I don't love it then the change won't be worth it. Things are tense and kind of difficult at my current office, and I feel like it's both a really bad time and a really good time to bail.
The last couple of days have been hard, because when you are thinking about making a change in jobs, it makes all of the annoyances in the old job ten times worse. All day today I was muttering, "I won't miss this!" and "I can't wait to tell them I'm out of here!" and "I'm going to be sure to tell them what jerks they are!" But the truth is, if I do end up leaving it will be very, very hard. Not for me, for them. I wear enough hats around there to set up a haberdashery.
Today, I spent the afternoon working on the websites where I've set up accounts for the office. I was changing all of the passwords, because I stupidly used my favorite password for many of them, and I decided that no one else needed to know my favorite password. It's a petty little thing, but I've had some time to think about pettiness.
Now I just have to hang in there, try not to have a massive break out or huge weight gain before Friday, and try to get some refreshing, replenishing sleep. And if on Friday I could have another good hair day, that would be great.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Winds of change
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment