Friday, January 9, 2009

Alive, tired and cranky

My head contains 75% sludge (phlegm) at the moment. I apologize for any inappropriate and false writings that may appear in this post as a result. My brain is pretty disconnected from my thoughts right now.

I ended up with a week's worth of feeling like crap. I'm on the mend, but am still coughing and blowing my nose enough to make it sore and chapped. It also happened to be an insanely busy week at work, so staying home to get well (or at the very least prevent infection among my co-workers) was not an option. I muddled through, worked late most nights, and here I am. Alive, tired, and cranky.

My body has apparently forgotten how to heal, as I still have remnants of the canker sore I had last weekend. It also made for a miserable week, what with all of the coughing, the mouth breathing, and the inability to eat without pain. I guess this is the kind of week that makes a person appreciate the ability to breathe and chew.

Now for the good news. Today I really could tell I was feeling better, although I had what I believed to be a sinus headache. I took one of the free samples of migraine pills my doc gave me and VOILA! the headache went away. I love my new migraine pills.

I also garnered so much sympathy (disgust?) from the co-workers in my office that they suggested I should take some comp time. I ended up going home at lunch today and staying there. I ate some leftovers and crawled into bed with my black out shades pulled down. I had just drifted off to sleep when the city got busy with a jackhammer in the street outside my door. It made my dogs insane so that was pretty much that where my nap was concerned. I got up and began working on R's books which I caught up -- no mean feat since I had to wrap up 2008 and move the program into a new year. Like I said, I love my new migraine pills.

Next week will be insane (make that INSANE!) at work. I'll probably be working several hours late most nights. My boss says he'll help and I'm interested to see how that will work. Oh yes, I noticed today that he was beginning to sound like I did when I first got sick.

Speaking of that, when I went to work on Monday I had a very deep, throaty voice due to my respiratory thing. When I have colds in my chest, I get sexy sounding. I had to redo my voice mail announcement after being off for the holidays, so I had no choice but to do it with my sexy voice. I should call it and see how it sounds. Maybe it's just sexy in my head? Probably. Oh well, at least I'll know if I need to change it again.

I have clients' work beginning to show up so I've got 2008 to wrap up for them too. Some will involve W-2's and 1099's and all that jazz. Yuck. I hope I ordered some forms, but I'm thinking maybe I didn't. It's a tough time to be so busy at work when I have so much client stuff to do, but now that I have my annual bug out of the way (almost) I should be able to handle it.

G-kids come tomorrow which will be a welcome bit of sunshine. I'd better head to bed because the day starts early. I haven't slept well this week (waking up coughing) so I'm ready to get some rest. G'night!

No comments: