Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday holiday

I have the MLK holiday off and I have lots of things to get done around here. Seems like a good combination. I got up and walked this morning and now I'm trying to finish the bag of peanut butter M&M's I bought last Saturday before they are recalled for salmonella contamination. Our bird needs to have his cage cleaned, I've got some laundry to do, and the usual odds and ends are waiting for attention. If I can get caught up today I'll be in a good place to start a busy week at work and then a busy long weekend with the g-kids.

We had a fun weekend off and ate so much food that I keep singing the oompa-loompa song to myself. Or maybe it's because of the peanut butter M&M's. Either way I've got to get back on some sort of track after they're gone.

I found a cute pair of short boots to wear to work. It's a really big deal when I can find my size and a super big deal when the right-sized footwear is also cute. No one thinks that people with short feet will also have wide feet, but I do. I am a 6 1/2 wide and can sometimes even go with an extra wide. Imagine two squares with toes. That's my feet. If I go up to a size 7, my heel often begins to slip out of the shoe. I have never had the luxury of becoming a "shoe person" because you can't indulge in shoes when you can't find your size.

Catalogs carry my size and I appreciate that, but it's really hard to buy shoes that you can't try on. Part of it is because I also have a VERY high instep and a VERY high arch. I just have crazy feet. I will say that they are pretty sturdy and honestly don't give me much trouble. I don't usually complain about them until I'm trying to find shoes to fit.

I also bought more underwear at a Jockey outlet. It was pretty silly because I just bought underwear, but I couldn't help it. There were some good colors that I wanted. Now I could go about 3 weeks without doing laundry. We bought R some new boxers too so we both look good underneath.

I need to get busy. I don't want to poop my day away, although that sounds like fun too.

No comments: