I'm on a small vacation from work, just two days, but are filling them with watching g-kids while my daughter heads to sunny Florida. Of course it turned even colder here and then snowed, just to rub it in.
The hardest part about watching little ones when you're out of practice is remembering how hard it is to get anything accomplished. It takes twice as long to get started, twice as long to finish, and twice as long to clean up afterwards since it involves twice the mess. I tell you, us old fogies really need to get jogged out of our comfort zone once in a while!
I've got pizza dough rising in the oven now. I had help mixing it up but my grandson did a good job adding the flour. Earlier we made no-bake cookies which he helped with by decorating with sprinkles. It's an interesting combination, don't you think? I'll be cleaning up sprinkles for a month I think....but they do taste good!
Well, I'd better get back to it. My dough probably is done rising so I need to heat up the oven. No rest for the old!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Sweet vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment